Thursday, August 23, 2012

Make a commitment

How are you doing on your journey?

Check in for the 30 day challenge
Source

I wanted to check in and share a success story of the 30 day challenge as motivation for those of you who might be struggling (like me admittedly).

About a week ago I put out the challenge to anyone that was willing to accept it to make a small but sustainable change (you can see the original post here). I was inspired by a TED talk that I'd listened to and all of the happy women returning from Camp Widow speaking about their affirmations.

I have continued to be inspired as people have shared with me what they are challenging themselves to do and as I've heard their check ins along the way.

Here's one of my favorites from a beautiful soul Claire:
Day 1: she challenged herself to walk 15 min a day.
Evening of Day 1: I receive this message from Claire:
"So I had to work late tonight, then I stopped at my parents' house for dinner. Got home after 9 and there was a cocktail made and waiting for me. The perfect storm of excuses to not start today. I know that there will be days in the future where it will be easy to make excuses and I will try. That is why I STARTED TONIGHT! If my first day was a day full of potential excuses, then I can overcome any other ones in the next 30 days and after that. So proud of myself for starting tonight and looking forward to the next 29 days! Tomorrow, I just have to remember to wear bugspray for my walk ;) Thank you for all of your encouragement and inspiration ♥"

I am so amazed by Claire!

She DID have the perfect storm of situations to not start her challenge. I might have had the cocktail first, then thought about walking after ;)  But she knew the importance of making a commitment.

Listen to how she rocks it on Day 6:
The walking challenge is phenomenal! My times get better every day. It is becoming routine so no matter what, I walk. No excuses. I am so thrilled to be doing this and I am so grateful to you for posting the challenge. And it's only day 6 :D"

 'Make a commitment and the forces of the universe will conspire to make it happen' Goethe

Source

Way to go!

Here is a list of the challenges that I've heard so far. Its not too late to pick one and start. 
  • Work out 30 min a day
  • Make the bed daily & say personal affirmation with intention while making the bed
  • Write for 15 min a day
  • Exercise 2x a week + increased activity daily
  • Personal affirmation in the morning and evening, and whenever reminded during the day (layered with personal compliments - 1 a day)
  • Resorative yoga daily
  • Take a photo a day
  • Pushups daily
I personally am writing one true thing a day in a google doc. I don't know where it will go. But isn't that the adventure!


"As a single footstep will not make a path on the earth, so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind. To make a deep physical path, we walk again and again. To make a deep mental path, we must think over and over the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate our lives." — Henry David Thoreau
Source

How are you doing? How successful have you been? Share your success and struggles. 



With love and light, 
Jess

1 comments:

Jess said...

Remember not to judge yourself if you haven't been 100% successful to where you'd like to be. Its ok. Its a journey not a destination.

Post a Comment

Please wait a moment for your comment to be published. It needs to be approved by a moderator.